Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cinnamon Cake



I was surfing the web for muffin recipes when I came across the following from bigoven. A quick check on the ingredients indicated that I have all of them and thus, I went ahead to test this recipe. As you can see, I have reduced and substituted some ingredients for healthier alternatives. The cake is soft and moist and most importantly, guilt-free.

Cinnamon Cake
5 ounce self-raising flour
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
7 ounce sugar ( I reduced to 3 ounce)
2 eggs (I used small eggs)
2 tbsp butter melted (I used margarine)
2.5 fluid oz milk ( I used HL milk)
1 can pie apples ( I used freshly-cut apple and stir them into the batter)

1. Whisk eggs and sugar. Then stir in the milk and butter.
2. Sift flour and cinnamon and stir in [1] to form a smooth batter.
3. Arrange apples on the top of the batter.
4. Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degree.

No comments: